If you have found your way to this article then we know the struggle. Dressing modestly but still looking gorgeous in what your wearing can be difficult. With so many fashion brands now showing that less is more, finding dresses from prom that cover up whilst still being on trend can seem a little hard to come across.
However, if you know where to look and what to look out for, this battle gets made instantly easier. You can find several prom dresses that are modest and fulfil your fashion requirements at shops near you or even at online stores.
Have a look at Peaches Boutique, for example, as they stock the latest designers and brands at an affordable price tag, you will have plenty of choice and be able to find something modest for prom.
How To Find A Modest Dress For Prom
For whatever reason, religious or personal, you are on a mission to find a dress that’s not revealing whilst still being on trend and helping you look even more stunning. Follow these ideas and tips to make your search easier:
- Go for higher necklines – Avoid plunge dresses and it’s generally a good rule to go four fingers below your neckline as anything lower than this could show your cleavage. If you are comfortable with your shoulders being on display, you can also consider strapless dress styles and off-shoulder gowns.
- Look for mermaid dresses – These styles tend to cover the body and can be floor-length whilst hugging your curves in the right places. This makes you look fiery and stunning whilst ensuring you remain modest at all times.
You will be able to dance the night away and feel completely comfortable. Remember though, these dresses are still tight-fitting to create the hour-glass figure and feminine shape.
- Go for thicker straps – If you want to provide more coverage for your shoulders, you can think about buying one of those unique 2020 prom dresses at leading shops that have thick straps which also keep you more supported.
- Avoid details on the chest area – If your dress is heavily embellished around the chest area, this could draw attention here and defeat the purpose of you trying to look modest. If you want embellishments, try to look for dresses that focus more on the neck area or arms rather than near the breasts.
- Go for floor length designs – Avoid gowns that are too short and have a clear length in mind so you can narrow down the time you spend searching online and hunting through stock.
As you can see it is more than possible to locate a dress that keeps you looking and feeling modest but doesn’t compromise on fashion. It just takes a little preparation time and thinking about what you will and won’t settle for before you set out on the shopping adventure!