Got left over Baileys that you don’t want to take into 2018 with you? This morning, I rustled up a bit of an unusual baking delight, but tasty all the same. And it uses up my quarter bottle of Baileys I have sitting in my fridge!
Introducing Baileys Apple Pie Parcels. It’s super simple and you don’t have to use Baileys – you can just use brown sugar and make it all about the browned apples!
x6 large baking apples
x1 cup of Baileys
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour/cornflour
x2 rolls of Jus Roll Puff Pastry
1/2 cup brown sugar (or white sugar if you haven’t any)
1. Peel and de-core the apples, chopping them into small slices and add to a bowl of sugared boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
2. Melt the butter in the pan, add a tablespoon of brown sugar, and melt the two together
3. Drain the apples, and add to the pain, sprinkling remaining sugar as you go
4. After 2-3 minutes stirring, add the flour and baileys and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees, and then roll out two sheets of Jus Roll pastry. Cut into three slices, so you have 6 squares of pastry.
6. Transport the apple mixture, which should be a little thick by this point, into the centre of the pastry, and fold up into parcels. Pinch pastry together to keep all the apples in, and brush lightly with butter
7. Bake for 22 minutes in the toaster oven, sprinkling with icing sugar when there is 10 minutes left
And voila! You’ll have freshly baked, Baileys infused apple pie parcels wrapped in soft puff pastry. Delicious!